Thursday, November 12, 2009

Koolhaas mittens


Koolhaas mittens
Originally uploaded by theatreknitter
Hey folks, these are my Koolhaas Mittens. I am THRILLED with them.

They were a stash busting project. I used some yarn that I have had for a very long time that I obtained at a Farmhouse Yarn barn sale back in the day.

I ran out of yarn half way up the second mitten, so I used doubled up cascade 22o to finish. I also made the cuff a bit short. I picked up the stitches on the cuff and knit backwards.

Since the pattern is a repeat of 8, I cast on 40 stitches. When I got to the point of the thumb increase, I increased 2 sts every row. Once I got to row 6 of the chart (Which includes moving stitches and the marker) I have 12 sts which was enough for my thumb. This may not work for everyone, but it was perfect for me.

I LOVE these mittens.

No comments: