Saturday, May 3, 2014

Weekend WIP

I had to put one project in hibernation, really for two reasons. 1. I totally screwed it up and started knitting in the wrong direction, and 2…. I bought a new dress so then I had to find a new project.

I have 2 projects on the needles right now… WEll, lets be honest. I have 2 projects on the needles that I am willing to make public.

First project is my new favorite hat pattern. I LOVE this pattern!!!

Butterfly hat pattern by Sofiya Cremin. I LOVE this pattern. It is versatile, it is pleasant to knit, and it is super simple. I have made 3 of them. A friend from choir asked if I could make a hat for her new niece, and I couldn't resist.



So, this is how I spent my Friday night. Who could disagree with THAT night. 

Since I bought a new dress for the cousins wedding, I had to find something new to make to go with it. The original plan was peach and grey, and I was going to knit Chevrette. I was having trouble with the pattern. I decided to look for something else. 

I decided to cast on Clara Park's One skein Shawl  . I decided to use some yarn that has been in my stash for 7 years. The yarn was given to me as a gift from Nutmegknitter , probably after her baby shower? 

I love the simplicity of this pattern, and it is flying off the needles. It will be done in plenty of time for the wedding and it will be a GREAT color for the dress. 




No comments: