Sunday, March 29, 2020

Week 3 - where I try and create "Normal"

Last night I got our weekly choir email. It was the first time something felt completely "Normal" in about 3 weeks. Yes, I've had classes, but those aren't normal because now they are online. Nothing is normal, but that email brought the tiniest bit of normal into my life.

It has been incredibly difficult to get into the swing of things during all of this. During week 1 I think I was in denial.

During week 2, I adopted a puppy so my entire life has been overcome with puppy training and puppy life.

So, now we head into Week 3. Week three where I know more, week 3 where even I am a little frightened of going into public spaces, week 3 where I just want something to do. I've seen so many people say "Wow, it must be great to be socially distant without kids or family" For the record, it's really not. It's incredibly lonely (but a puppy helps)

So, How will I head into week 3.
- I will get up and get dressed every day. (Yes, PJ's all day is comfy. But if I'm going to be productive, I need to get up and get dressed)
- I'll spend 2 hours a day on classwork.
- I'll continue training the puppy
- I'll start classwork for a free online class that I'm taking through Harvard.
- I'll start exercising everyday (beyond the 15000 steps that I'm getting with the puppy)

What are you doing to keep life normal?

I know some people are still keeping their daily trip to get coffee.
some are checking in with work colleagues every day.

What are you doing?




No comments: