Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tribute hat

This September I am once again embarking on 2 big fundraising events. The Jimmy Fund Marathon and the Dempsey Challenge.

Both of these events will not only challenge me physically, but they give me the opportunity to celebrate the people in my life that have battled cancer.

I like to find a way to carry those people with me on these events, and I like to find creative ways to do that. Last year, I traveled with a length of i-cord and each section was for a different person. I ran my first 5K, and rode my first 25 mile event with that chain of love.

Last night, Iw as trying to decide how I would honor these amazing people. then I decided.

A HAT!!!!

Hats are my favorite thing to knit, why NOT make one for myself!!

I found some Gold yarn in my stash, and I decided to make My Funny Valentine . I made this hat for a friend who was going through chemo earlier this year. I LOVE the pattern, and the hearts show the love the tI have for everyone that I am celebrating while I participate in these events.

If you would like me to celebrate anyone on my events, please let me know their name, and the color of the ribbon.


No comments: