Monday, February 2, 2009

Okay, so it has been awhile

Well, let's see. what have I been doing lately.

Well. . . . hmm. . . suffice to say I have a few things on the needles, but I have completed a few projects as well.

Like this multi-directional scarf.

I will forever call this the "Girls weekend scarf" Why you ask? well back when I turned 30 Becca and Vik and I spent the weekend together in New York. we had a wonderful time. I purchased this yarn while we were there. It was a multi-directional scarf that got a hole in it. Thankfully, it was a perfect rip, so I was able to make the scarf again. It is Blue Heron yarns, something like Fat elephant. I am bad with links, maybe someday I will actually let you know.

Then there is my wonderful wrist pillow for work

So the day before Rhinebeck I went to a craft fair with Becca and met her friend Peacefulknitter. What a great Gal. So great in fact that she bestowed upon me my first bit of malabrigo. I promptly casted on a wrist pillow for work. SO much nicer than anything else that I could get at office depot, don't you agree.

Currently I have lots of projects going.I am finishing up. Almost done with the second mitt for Jen. She no longer has a cast and therefore needs a functional mitt for her left hand. I have a pair of koolhaas wrist warmers on the needles for me. I LOVE them. Those of you who have done the pattern know that it is a bit "fiddely" so it is taking awhile to finish. I will certainly have them for next winter, and maybe even the spring.

I am most excited about the sweater. I will be making Montera I got the yarn on Ravelry for a SONG so I am so excited.

Well, really that is it for me. I probably should have cast on some sock yarn yesterday, as I am in the LNV sock marathon. but no, the yarn wsa angry with me and did not want to produce anything. I could ALSO have cast on a hat, since I am hoping to knit 52 hats this year. But again, yarn was angry with me. So I knit an entire fingerless mitt (almost) instead. Hey, I was kntting productive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just call me the Malabrigo Pusher...your first knit is free! I like the idea of the wrist pillow a lot...is there a pattern or did you improvise?