Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Birthday

Hello All,

Well to everyone on Ravelry and Facebook who wished me a happy birthday, thank you so much. I certainly felt loved. I had a relatively uneventful day. Work was, well, work. . . What can I say. . . .

After work I got to take advantage of the fact that things actually happen here in Boston, and last night was no Exception. Casey and Jess (Founders of Ravelry) gave a talk at Simmons college. It was incredibly refreshing to hear someone say that a Business can start from a passion. I know that what I want for my long term goal is a few years off, but to know that it can happen makes me very happy.

Of Course I got pictures of people holding my knitting. How nice of you to ask.Here is Jess (She is holding the beginning of a Victory Junction Afghan that I am making)
This is Guido from It's a Purl Man

It really was a great night. Tonight I will probably be avoiding Boston as much as possible. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going out and playing, what I don't enjoy is dumb drunk people, I don't tolerate amateur night well. Tomorrow night, however, I will be meeting Kat Von Dee . I am SO excited.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, Guido looks like Torello!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so glad someone else is making afghans for victory junction! I thought it was just me!

and how'd that meeting with Kat go?? Get any ink?

theatreknitter said...

sadly I did not meet Kat, the line was like a mile long and I was not feeling well.

i am determined to get at least 3 blankets done for VJ Gang.