Monday, December 15, 2014

Memory shawl (part2)

So, the next yarn is a beautiful malabrigo silk in a stunning shade of purple..

So, this yarn was most certainly therapy yarn. It was purchased about 5 minutes after I received aea sage saying that my step father had been rushed to the hospital. He later had triple bypass (and has recovered well) 

Sometimes we find comfort in the strangest places. I believe for us knitters it becomes our yarn. This weekend I have been making yarn ball ornaments (photos later) there is nothing knitting related about these ornaments, except the yarn. My brain is going a mile a minute with thoughts, but these yarn balls take lots of concentration (and hot glue). Yarn is the perfect comfort food. It sustains is. It gives us something beautiful, soft, and warm. We know it can become something. 

This yarn eventually became an ishbel for a lovely friend. This friend came into my life at a rough patch. Through music and faith we became fast friends. 

(Link to finished shawl below) 







No comments: