Monday, July 24, 2017

So Much Theatre, Decent amount of knitting

The past month or so I have seen SO MUCH theatre. It's sort of unreal.

I have seen

Hamilton
Come From Away
Indecent
Natasha Pierre and The Great Comet of 1812
Falsettos
Angels in America
and
Beauty and the Beast.

it's also not over because I'm planning to see High Fidelity this weekend.

I've had so many thoughts about all of these shows, and I will tell you about all of them. I promise.

I will also tell you that there WILL be spoilers. So, if you don't want to know about a show, don't read the post. I will try not to give away too much, but some things I just can't censor. Yes, I will also tell you what I know while I was at the theatre, because there was a LOT of knitting at the theatre.

A lot is happening, and by the time these posts are over, I hope to be able to share more with you. For now know that I will be sharing lots of thoughts. Lots and lots of thoughts.

I'll try and post one show a week so as to not bombard you... But I'll share some pictures so that you can get a sneak peek!!

One thing that I will say is that all of the shows are equally brilliant. If you ask be for a favorite, I won't be able to choose. To compare any of them would be like picking which child is the favorite. I think that is what makes theatre experiences so incredible. Each one is unique. Each one involves so much, each one is it's own moment.

Only pic for now, it properly combines knitting AND theatre. Yes, I made hats for the Cast of Come From Away

Two of the lovely cast members (Petrina Bromley and Astrid Van Wieren kindly modeled the hats ! They, along with the rest of this cast, should be given awards for being the Kindest Cast on broadway. But more on them later.

No comments: