Tuesday, February 12, 2008

turbo tax grrrrr

okay, so I am not shy about the fact that I do not make much money. I accept that.Because of that, my taxes are extremely easy to file. So I did them tonight since I finally got all of my w2s in.

So here is what sucks. I paid 29.95 to file my federal, then I paid 39 PER STATE and I had to file in 2 states. So I figured, Oh, I'll just have it taken out of my return. But they charge you 29 for that!!!1

okay, they suck. But the taxes are done. I had hoped I would get more back. Guess I didn't do that math too well.

oh well.

2 comments:

Gloria Quincy said...

Turbo tax does suck! They're supposed to provide their services for free to people who make under a certain amount, but they always find a way to charge you.

Jen said...

I'm feeling the same way. You are filing for "partial year" for both of the states you are filing right? Your taxes will be lower if you do it that way.

I'm pissy because I paid for all the fees and it would only let me file 1 state electronically! That blows because I did Mass electronically because I paid the extra for CA and now I can't even file CA electronically!!!! BOO HISS!