Sunday, February 10, 2008

5 songs (okay, so I did more. SUE ME!!)

Oh this is fun, I am taking a note from becca and giving you the 5 songs that remind me of high school. I frequently say that the soundtrack to my life would be fabulous, mainly because I have that whole thing where I personalize music. So here it goes.

(I am separating into catagroeis, because I am a dork like that)

Indigo Girls


This is the Wood Song. This song really covers two points for me in High School. When I was a freshman and sophomore I went on a Work Project iwth my church. I went on this trip because my sister had gone on it in the past. It is through that trip that I learned about the Indigo Girls. It also covers my best friends in the world. As Becca mentioned, we did skip rehearsal to go and see them. This song always makes me think about the summer we spent at the Stony Creek Puppet House. A little theater in Stony Creek, CT that is literally falling apart. But working there meant so much to us. So here is to the KY trip and the Puppet house. And thank you to Amy and Emily.

"The prize is always worth the rocky ride"



"Sent me skippin my class and running from school"



"Tommy"


After the senior Prom Vik, Chris, Torello, and I went to see Tommy in New York. It rocked.


"Company" Sondheim in general


This show will always make me think of Torello. Sondheim will always bring me back to high school. This particular version is from the revival, which I got to share with all of my friends. (I am quickly becoming the female version of Bobby.



Billy Joel


He will always have a major influence in my life, and that is because of my parents. I chose this song because I wish I new it more when I was in High School, I think every high school student and teenager should know this song. (This is from his inside the actors studio, the entire thing is on Youtube. Seriously, the man is brilliant)

Sisters
"These are the TImes"


Okay, so this is the song that was played durig hte closing credits of Mystic Pizza. WHen I graduated, my mom put the lyrics to this song in the newspaper, with a picture of me and my sisters. This song will always bring back memories of my sisters. Now the video shows Harry Potter!!! How much does that rock.


One Voice


Okay, so this just brings me back to childhood in general. I have 2 sisters (that makes 3 of us) do you know how few artists sing things in 3 part harmony. I heard this song just this year. They are the Wailin Jenny's. They are amazing. THis song brought me to all those times with my sisters singing in the car.



This was SOOO much fun,. I could do this for a very long time. I could add more. . . . come on, please.

2 comments:

Jen said...

This is VERY cool and I will do it tomorrow at some point.

p.s. I love you :)

Unknown said...

Excellent! Given enough time couldn't you just make lists and lists like this? Love it.