Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crazy Week


Oh, guess what!! Christmas is coming. That is the tree going up at Macy's in Boston (Downtown Crossing)

It has been a bit of a crazy week. Work was extremely stressful. I love my job, I really do. unfortunately my boss is kind of . . . . well ..... let's put it bluntly. He is an Ass. . . . Yeah, that is it.

The week culminated in a wonderful conference call with two of my colleagues in the San Fransisco office. Needless to say, I learned a lot in that meeting. A number of things were revealed to me, and my immediate supervisor will no longer be the person that has been supervising me. Yup, pretty damn cool, I am really happy with this decision. It makes me feel very comfortable.

I have of course been knitting. If you have been reading my blog you are aware that I have a nephew on the way. Of course, I think hospital hats are ugly. So he will be properly covered.


Yesterday I decided to make a very big step in my life. For 8 years I have been with Sprint PCS. Yup, I can honestly say that I have had the same cell phone service provider for the life of my cell phone service. Crazy huh. Well. . . alas sprint does not cover the ever beloved iPhone. Not to mention they re-instated my contract without my knowledge, so I was angry. . . So yesterday I bit the bullet got the iPhone. That is right folks, I have moved over to the better side. It helps that my ipod shit the bed this week, and work is reimbursing me. did I mention I really like my job.

So Weeks ago I met Sondheim. He is one of my idols in the Musical Theatre world. Well last night, I met my folk music idol, and SHE IS A KNITTER!!!!!!!

I met Christine Lavin

Christine is the one with the "round white" project. My sister Jen is standing next to her with her second knitting project on the needles. Christine is amazing. Just so awesome. Along with Christine there was an author name Anne Hood who did a reading Anne wrote the novel The Knitting Circle. She was so wonderful. I felt that I had to go and speak with her when she spoke about her son. Brief story. Anne lost her daughter to a strep infection when her daughter was 5 years old. Grace dies on her son's 9th birthday. He son is now very active in theater. This summer he was in a show and she read his bio, he said that the theatre community helped him get through the death of his sister. She mentioned how the theater community was so wonderful to him and how it can be a healing and supportive community. I introduced myself to her, and described that I have so many people in my life that were with me during some very difficult times, and they have stuck with me through these times. All of these people were also with me during productions.

Both Christine and Anne also helped make a knitting project (that will be revealed later) even more special. I can't wait to give it to the recipient, it is going to be very cool.

So wow, that was my week, and weekend. I will also be sharing a recipe from Christine with you. Barakochip cookies!!!!! They will also be used as a fundraiser for Jennifer's school. They are taking 30 students to the inauguration in January. Want to help out? Drop me an email. If you donate, I will personally make you a dozen of Christine Lavin's Barak-o-chip cookies.

WOW i may regret this.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow! I am imcredibly jealous that you met Sondheim! He's one of my heros too!

Does he burst into song without prompting? I always hoped he did ;)