Tuesday, November 4, 2008

my day in voting

Wish I had my camera to document, but alass I don't. 

So I am at work already, came right here from voting (dear apt. mgt company, please please please send us our new key fob so that we can actually come and go as we please instead of having to have a game plan at the beginning of every day) 

I digress. . 

So this morning Jennifer and I went to vote early (teacher types gotta get that vote out before school
) we were in line at the polling place at 6:45 am. Pulled out the knitting immediately. I personally am working on a hat for the step-dad that will have a layer of llama fiber (from bishops orchards) and a layer of a great Peruvian given to me by someone in my SNB.

So we go inside, and see our neighbors (this made things very easy for the people checking us in) 

I voted. Yes, I voted for Obama. Why? for me he is the right candidate. To me he makes sense. Mass also had 2 propositions that we voted on today as well. I was a good little girl and read up on the props and made my choices, which I think were wise. 

I went to the train, got off one stop early, and decided to enjoy my free Starbucks coffee. 

So here I sit at work. Wondering what things will be like tomorrow. I know that I have very little understanding of electoral votes (please, if you think you can explain it so that I can get it you can try, but I warn you . . . . some very strong people have. . . I just don't get it) I worry that there are a lot of people in this country that also don't understand the electoral college. What is going to happen if we run into that issue again? How are people going to react? How are people going to react is he does win? 

There are just so many questions out there right now, and it concerns me. 

1 comment:

allie said...

It is torture being here with a six hour time difference! The first results will not be in until 2 am! I don't think I'll be sleeping.

I'm glad you voted, and I'm glad you enjoyed your free coffee, too!