Sunday, November 9, 2008

WOW what a weekend

Well it has certainly been a fun weekend.
So on Friday night piccologirl went to see Legally Blonde at the Opera House in Boston. The opera house is just stunning, completely beautiful. The exremely bitchy queen in front of us talked through THE ENTIRE show. It was a great show. some production values were to be desired (late light cues and REALLY bad sound) but few people would have noticed that. OH< and hten there was hte floating set piece, but again. Noticable by few. The FUNNIEST moment was when Elle slaps the professor in act two, her hand was ALL THE WAY on the other side of her body before you heard the slap. Poor guy just broke down laughing. It took the audience about 3 minutes to recover. They have started raising the christmas funds for Broadway Cares. Which of course begins my plea, please be sure to think of charities like this during the holiday season. I knwo we all love to give gifts, but everyone has a cause that htey hold close to their hearts, make a donation in their name, especially kids, it teaches them how they can help (I am making a donation to an anumal sheler for my buddy Ian this year for his birthday. Sure he will get a small gift, but I also know how he feels about this shelter, and I know he will appreciate it)

Okay, so last night it was off to see Girlyman. The concert was fantastic.

I got to see 4 artists as this was a benefit concert for Club Passim here in Cambridge.

An artist named Laura Cortese



She was just awsome and I look forawrd to finding her concerts in the future.

The second artist wasn't much to write home about, but good.

The third band, OH so awsome. They are Paper Raincoat (Right, even a great band name)



SO much energy, such great vocals, amazing percussion. Really, just great. I HIGHLY reccommend tracking them down.

Then there was girlyman. I have only just been introduced to their music, and the first song I was hooked. amazing harmonies, great lyrics. in general. a fantastic band.

But here is Girlyman's tribute to our president elect (and the other candidates as well)



but here is another song of their's that I really like.



I was able to knit through the entire show, which was also cool.

So yeah, a great night of music for me. I am loving living in a city, the concerts, the shows, everything is just amazing.

Okay, no knitting now, maybe later. Will spell check later, I am off to NH to see Seussical.

2 comments:

Long Ridge Farm said...

Thanks for the slice of city life! So cool for you to share it!

Pretentious Wombat said...

I have theatre offspring so I could really identify with this post. I look at lighting whenever I go to the theatre - eldest daughter is a lighting designer. DD#2 and DS#2 are sound/light techies. Yep, we've got it bad :-)

I love the time Shepherd Book (Firefly/Serenity) talked about that special hell for people who talk in theatres. Oh, yeah.