Monday, November 15, 2010

At the retreat (the only place where I get lucky. . . . )

Finally we arrived at the Williams Inn. Entering the retreat is quite an experience. A lobby filled with knitters.

We checked in and went to our room. We were happily greeted with our goodie bags. Notice the socks that rock, dirty water dye works, beautiful cards, and there was chocolate as well.

We made our first trip to the stash room, a frequently visited spot at the knitters review. I found my first skein of Lorna's laces. (remember that, it's a theme)

After dinner and stash room it was off to meet and greet. We all discussed our favorite yarns, possibly the one that we would want to marry. I mentioned my hand spun bamboo. I chose this yarn because bamboo is supposed to be lucky. The retreat is the only weekend where I am lucky (remember, I won the retreat last year and I got a door prize of kangaroo dyer)

On SAturday it was time for more stash lounge and classes. I took a class with Clara and it was fabulous. I learned so much about different types of wool and yarns and why different yarns work better for projects. This was fantastic.

After classes it was off to another wonderful meal and then the marketplace. SO MANY amazing yarns. Spirit train fiber works, briar rose, Quince and Co. I was bring very reserved with my shopping, but two new spindles found their way into my bag. a Blue denim pine kundert and my Katherine, a greensleeves 0.8 oz.

Then it was off to Story publishing. 50% off books? yeah, you keep me away. I got 101 patterns for sock yarn, 2 cook books, one book for sis, and another sock book. WOO HOO.

We made one more trip to the stash room wher eI had a lovely chat with Cat Bordhi. Yup, you heard me. She was just hanging out preparing for her bed time story and she reccommended a couple of patterns for me (like I would not take her advise)

After that it was off to dinner, then story time with cat. Clara gave out some door prizes, and I found more lorna's laces. Yup, more.

On Sunday it was yarn church where were were joined with a project. I chose the central park hoodie. Then it was home.

Because the retreat is the only place I was lucky, this lasted with me for the drive home. my car had issues while driving home and it died. Clearly my retreat luck was still with me because someone from the retreat drove past me, and she drove me back to Lexington so that I could get home.

Yup, only on the retreat.









No comments: