Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Book Review



I don't think that I have ever attempted a book review before,so here it goes. While on the knitters review retreat I got to head over to Story Publishing. While every moment of the retreat is a highlight, this is way up there on my list.

I, along with many others on the retreat, snagged a copy of

Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!

Now those of you who have visited my blog in the past are possibly aware of my love of sock yarn, but also my ambivalence to knitting socks. This book is FABULOUS!!! Of the 101 patterns,I believe that there are over 50 that I cannot wait to cast on. I will likely start with a few hats, thought there are adorable toddler items as well. All of the scarves are fantastic, and lets not forget about the socks. I may actually have to make a pair.

While this is of course a great library borrow, I would HIGHLY advise you to put this book on your Christmas list.

I hope everyone that checks out this book agrees with my reviews.

No comments: