Sunday, November 14, 2010

Checking in, and returning from retreat

Yeah, It has been awhile. I know that. I apologize for the disappearing act. It has been a busy fall. Work is crazy, enjoying my new place, and lots of traveling back and forth to CT to be with Family.

Ultimately there is lots of happiness in this post, so we will get the sad stuff out of the way. On Oct. 26th we lost my aunt Candy. This was an extremely difficult loss for everyone in out family. We will miss her more than anyone can imagine. Everyone in the family i grieving in their own way. We all have our moments, but each day does get easier.

I have the pleasure to escape reality this weekend and enjoy the knitters review retreat in Williamstown, MA. This is my second year enjoying the retreat, and it was even better this year because I was able to bring nutmegknitter along with me.

On the way up to the retreat I stopped at Wonderful things in Great Barrington, MA. holy yarn batman!!!!! This shop has everything. I couldn't believe it. After an extensive tour of the shop I came across a yarn that I had never come across before, and left with a skein of Cascade Rustic. It is lovely and I am anxious to put it on some needles.

After Wonderful things I went off to meet Becca at Colorful Stitches in Lennox, MA. This is a great shop with lots of yarns. I must comment on their pattern selection. It was FABULOUS!!!!! I have rarely seen a shop with the number of books and patterns. They also have a great selection of ribbon (frequently lacking at yarn shops)
I left the shop with a fabulous book that includes an awesome afghan.

I am catching up on work right now, so I am looking forward to telling you more later.

No comments: