Monday, June 10, 2013

Tony post part 2...

Okay, so you all know I'm a tony geek. Since rent was up for the Tony award, I have not missed the telecast. Actually being there? Seriously I could not have imagined what I felt.

So, while the pre-telecast was still happening I was seated right up front, and that was super cool. While sitting there who should walk down the aisle next to me.... Harvey Fierstein.... Yup, this was happening, this was real, and there he was right across the aisle. Who was I sitting behind, Jerry Mitchell...

So the opening number, was anyone watching when they panned to Debra messing a face and the look of shock? Yup, that's how I felt. It was just awesome and amazing.

So, the winners.. (In no particular order)

Judith Light, can you say pure class? She was just wonderful. Cindy lauper, magical... Oh, and I managed to get seated right up front when Cindy lauper won her award. Where was I seated? Right next to Alan Cumming!!! Did anyone catch who Alan was sitting in front of? Why once again it was Harvey Feinstein. He looked like a proud papa. True pride and joy from him filled the room. It was heartwarming.

Diana polus, I was so thrilled to see her win best direction. Her vision for Pippin is amazing, and her leadership made that happen on stage.

Seeing Emily Mann accept the tony for Vanya, and Sonia, and Masha, and Spike made me proud to say that I was an intern at McCarter theatre.

Cecile Tyson: wow. I think we can all say that all we want is one more chance. She received that, and she was amazing.

Andrea Martin: just yay. She is so incredible in Pippin, and I was thrilled to see her win the tony. I'm always thankful when people thank their crew, but for her to specifically shout out to her riggers tells me how much she respects them. Lets be honest, they have her life in their hands.

Patina miller: just beautiful and wonderful.

I can't even begin to try and remember everyone, but to have been there to experience these acceptance speeches was just incredible

The performances :

So, Annie performed. Okay, so its not my favorite show, but Jane Lynch, awesome!!!!

Bring it on: that was just fun, and when it tours, I will likely see it. I fear this might become like legally blonde, I wanted to hate it but instead I love it.

Kinky boots: are they really on tread ills every night? In heels? Wow!

Cinderella: while it's not the FIRST show on my list to see, I do want to see more of those costumes (well deserved William Ivey long) . And the choreography was beautiful.

The tony awards were amazing, and to be a part of them this year when so many amazing things happened on stage was just the icing on the cake




No comments: