Friday, March 14, 2008

the evolution of a frog

So becca made a bunny for lorelai I immediatly fell in love with the pattern. I think it is a perfect baby gift for all of the people that are breeding around me. It can be a washcloth, burp rag, or even a toy. Whatever. It is 100% cotton, washable, droolable, spit-upable, you name it. I love it. B firgures that L is starting to teeth on hers.

So I decided, if it can be a bunny, why not other creatures. Enter Frog.
I was a little concerned that he looked a bit like an alien, but when I showed it to someone today he asked if I was knitting kermit. PERFECT. He is going to get a face, I am not really good at the embroidery yet) This will probably go to L only because I know that Becca will appreciate the effort for it not being perfect.

I am going to try a teddy bear and maybe an elephant, and it wouldn't be hard to do a chicken (pointy ears)

Oh, the pattern is from lionbrand for the bunny if anyone wants to check it out. I knit this with some cotton that I got in a swap, so I am not sure what brand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That frog rocks! It is Kermit-like :) Yay You!

MicheleStitches said...

Awww! I met Mr. Froggy Tuesday night and he is even cuter in real life!

Get a little sand between your toes, take a whiff of salt air, and listen to the surf for me while I spend Easter totally landlocked! Sigh!