Monday, March 24, 2008

no pictures, but an informative post

I returned yesterday from my trip to HHI. It was great. Friday and Saturday were sunny and warm. I walked through Spanish Wells, went to the beach, and hung out with friends. Many of the friends that I worked with all came to visit on Sat night, and that was fabulous. 2 of the couples have gotten married, one of the couples has had a baby. A couple of surreal moments. When I left HHI 4 years ago, My friend's little boy was 2. when he was about 3 he received one of his vaccines. After receiving this vaccine, he spiked a very high fever, and after that fever he was never the same child. "T" is autistic. It was certainly strange to see him at 6. When he was 2 he was talking and constantly learning new things, now he only speaks if he is prompted. According to his teachers, he is doing really well.

There was a bit of drama on Sunday, so I really felt it was best to leave.

Today I went out and got the yearn for my central park hoodie .I am psyched to start it. I intend to sit watching Big Bang Theory tonight while winding the yarn and getting my gauge swatch done.

I also got 2 skeins of Knit picks alpaca cloud through a swap. The swapper also sent me a partial skein of stream. OH they are so pretty. I am making something special with it. I was a TOTAL dork. I told her I would swap my knitting on the edge book for the yarn.

No comments: