Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Interview!!

Hello All,

I can't believe the amount of support that I have received. My family, my friends, and people I have met on Plurk and beyond. Everyone knows how much this move and change of job means to me. I cannot event begin to mention my thanks to everyone.

Had a couple of travel bumps (delays, change of airports, etc) but I must say, KUDOS to US air. On Sunday night there were storms in Charlotte airport so it was chut down for an hour, that could have seriously screwed things up. Instead, planes were turned over quickly and it all went smoothly. Aside from overpriced and oversixed portions of food (seriously people, no wonder we are an obese county) it went well. THanks to my CPH (which was with me the entire time) I was able to keep my cool and hold it together. If you haven't read Zen and the art of knitting, just do you will thank yourself for it.

So I got home around 3 or so and went right to bed. I bolted out of bed at 6 30 am and forgot where I was, also looking for hagrid, I think that actually made me more nervous. I got to spend a few minuted with mom (who has a broken foot so I helped her make her appointments with the orthopedist to confirm that) Got the step dad out of bed (quickest I have ever seen him get up, but mom got an appointment for first thing in the morning so movement was essential)

So I got to the interview. THe school is great. How cool is it to sit in the office and hear student singing les miz down the hall, you also walk through the halls and see the students artwork, then up to the dance studio with the halls littered with shoes and dance bags, it was very cool. THe space is a nice sized school space, 600 seats.

I think they are looking for a bit more marketing experience than I have, but I think I may send them an email with some PDFS of the materials that I have prepared here.

Got to have nice lunch with my step mom and make sure that she is cool with me possibly living at home 9dad says yes, but I hadn't heard it from her yet) They have done all kinds of work on their home so it looks just wonderful. It is official that I cannot bring Hagrid to their house, so I am thinking auntie Bec.

then off to see Lorelai and Becca, the best part of the day!!!!! I needed some baby therapy, and it certainly solidified the desire to be home. She is growing so fast, I don't want to miss out on that with my future nieces and nephews. We will see if the computer behaves and I will upload pics and video to flickr.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hagrid is more than welcome to come and stay with us. I'm sure it won't be an issue with Keith.