Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Farmgirl Intro

Well here I am, getting on yet another bandwagon. Yup, it is true. I am officially a plurkette (and I have brought piccologirl and becca glynn along with me. It is totally becca's fault. She blames it on Miss Violet. Who knows who started this whole downswing into bandwagon it is, but here I go onto the plurkette henricle.

PROJECT #1:

Introduce yourself.

I know, I know. That’s a little anticlimactic. Here were are, talking about changing the world from our rocking chairs on our porches with a little pie, and I’m asking you to just talk about one of the subjects you know best — you.


It isn't hard at all for me to know where my farm girl status comes from. My Grandma Gunther and my Boppie. Grandma had the most beautiful gardens on the planet. She could grow anything. Inpatients, violets. Her yard, along with the garden, was surrounded by Forsythia bushes. I can remember being out and playing and discovering a hideout in the bushes (I think it may even still be there). My Boppie grew vegetables. One of my favorite memories is sitting on the porch with him, my granny, and my cousin Tom. We were shucking peas and just as quickly as they were shucked, we ate them. Granny was quite pissed when she realized we didn't have enough peas for dinner, but none of us were really hungry anyway. It was great. My boppie also had ponies. Everyone wished for one, I had Teddy and Dapper Dan. Dapper Dan was not nice. Kind of mean actually, but Teddy was the best. We used to ride him all of the time. They were draft ponies so they were just my size.

I was certainly, at least a partial, girly girl. I remember barbies, baby dolls, cabbage patch dolls (my first was named Garland Christiana). I also remember playing in the dirt. I remember moving into our new house when I was in fifth grade. It had a HUGE yard, and small trails that went behind it. I found an old woodpile. I turned this woodpile into my "kitchen" The rotting woods make different colored dust and dirt. I used to "mix the ingredients" together to make all kinds of different things. It was so much fun.

Currently I am living in my first apartment by myself. It is so wonderful. I decided that I was DETERMINED to make something grow. Well, I have. I have three amazing tomato plants that are falling over with cherry tomato's. I also have a strawberry plant that produced (get this) 1 strawberry. I think some insects got to it before me, so I didn't get to eat it, but it was there. How cool is that. (I would share pictures if my card reader wanted to behave, but not so much today, maybe later)

So that is me, I guess I inherited the green thumb from my grandparents (one on mom's side, one on dad's, guess that give me one on the left and right).








1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is up with those Cabbage Patch "G" names? Mine was "Garnett Lenore". And I'm not blaming MissV for anything, I've just followed where she led!