Sunday, June 22, 2008

My cat, the escape artist.

So I went out early this morning to head to church. We had a long service today and a picnic after, so it was a few hours before I got home. When I arrived home the back door was opened, and Hagrid was gone. I was a wreck. I was so upset (those of you that don't know, Hagrid has FIV while he is completely healthy he really should not be out loose, it was also 90 degrees and he had no water)

So I walked around the aprtment complex a bit, and started putting up signs. I was so upset. I sat down to print up some more signs and from next to me I hear a VERY loud MEOW. He had come back.

Oh, when I say that the door was opened. It was closed before (not bolted but closed) this cat opened a door and then jumped a 6 foot fence. Oh, and is it an easy door to open, No. . he had to turn a knob!!!!!
This is him after he stopped panting. and I mean literally toungue hanging out of mouth panting. poor cat. he also smells like potting soil so he was digging in something. This cat can't be replaced, he is just too cool. I was a big old puddle of mess for about an hour till he came back home.

In knitting news:
I cast on the Central Park Hoodie on Friday, and all I did yesterday was knit. It was a great day. Here is a picture of it from yesterday

Oh, and in case the cat was blocking your view, here it is again.

If you are thinking of this sweater even as a maybe, just do it. It is so easy. Mind you, I haven't picked up any stitches yet, but I am thinking I can manage. I am really excited about this sweater. I am knitting it in one piece instead of 3. I also plan to do the sleeves wrist up in one piece. I think I am most excited about having a sweater that will actually FIT!!!! I cast on the large because I was just a bit bigger than the medium. BUT, I will be doing everything just a little bi shorter (I have short arms and short torso, really just short everything)

It is so great. If I was ever going to gift a sweater, this would be it because of the ease of it.

Kay, guess that is it for now. Oh, and who is on plurk, my new addiction. Seriously, it is bad.

No comments: