Monday, June 16, 2008

Guess who found her card reader

Well that would be ME!!!! I got back to work today, and SO don't want to be here. Every time I get to spend time with my friends I never want to come back to reality. But what to blog about. . . . hmmmm. . . well how about knit happens What a fantastic store. Becca and I headed out there.
While on our way we decided that loopy should make an appearance.

She just made a purchase, so like a good little soon to be loopy groupie, she started taking pictures of loopy on
her trip. This is loopy on the train to Alexandria.
Then we got to Knit Happens. If you are in the DC Area, just go. You can thank me for it later.
I had been working on my swatch for my central park hoodie during the weekend, and was having lots of trouble (no pics, it was too embarrassing) So when I got to the store I asked
dreadpiratekel and knitgirl for help. For about 7 years I have been knitting, I have been wrapping my yarn incorrectly the entire time. I can't BELIEVE how much my knitting has improved. It looks so much better. Thanks to both of them for their help, and for being so great about it. I wasn't knitting "wrong" I was "inventing my own stitch pattern"

Of course I had to shop, DUH!!! I have pics of one of the yarns.

I don't have the details, I am so sorry. But I think it is going to become monkeys!!!!! We shall see. I will post details on the yarn, So sorry to forget it. I will say it is a local dyer to DC. So many great local colors in this shop. I also got a FABULOUS red yarn. It is a 50/50 acrylic nylon. So nice, it is going to become a baby bolero for cousin S who is due in October.

More blogging this week, I have FO's, more pictures, and all sorts of stuff. Also look for an updated 101., it has gone by the wayside a bit.


No comments: