Thursday, September 11, 2008

Reflecting



I can't let this day pass without thinking about it. I can replay the day almost to the minute. I can almost replay that entire week, it was a crazy week. Drop me aline if you want the details.

Anyway. . . . . Since I am still unemployed (though hopefully not for much longer) I decided to take a walk to the beach. While I was there I watched all of the planes landing at Logan. I was reminded of what it was like when there were no planes in the air for 3 days. My apartment in High Point, NC was on the approach to Greensboro Airport. I can remember hearing the first plane overhead. It was a helicopter transporting someone from a car accident (it had been on the news). I can remember people walking outside of their apartments to watch this one helicopter go by. We were all frozen. It was as if we had never seen anything flying before. Nobody said anything, we all just went back into our apartments or cars and life went on.

It is kind of amazing how when something that happens around us every day is gone for just a short time, we notice it when it returns.

No comments: