Thursday, September 4, 2008

I think I'm Gonna Like it here. . . . .

Well, I am certainly not living with Daddy Warbucks, but I must say my place here in Southie with Jennifer is pretty great. Plenty of space, and a new cat to get used to. I spent my first real day in Boston yesterday. It was such a beautiful day.

I started my day by heading to my first interview at the Museum of Fine Arts.
The Interview went great, it is a great job, very good money, lots of new things to learn. It does involve pretty crappy hours. So, there are trade offs. I did get to take some great pictures. The Geese right near where I sat to knit before my interview.The amazingly blue Sky. It was such a great day. The of course there was the happy graffiti on the sidewalk . After this interview I went off to Brookline Village. At first I was not overly impressed, but then I crossed over a bridge and was in love. Tree lined streets, and then there was A Good Yarn I was so impressed with the shop. Well stocked, great staff, very friendly, and I am also hoping to head back there for spinning lessons. I was so happy. Went for a quick lunch and then off to interview number 2. It was a great interview at a small puppet theatre in Brookline. We will see how it goes. I found a lovely spot to sit and knit and enjoy probably the most expensive Latte I ever drank (seriously, I was shocked. I know it is he city and all, but $5.51 for an iced latte is a bit extreme) but a great people watching spot right in front of the T station. I officially became a mass transit knitter yesterday. I completed this project during my trips throughout the day Iot modified the mason dixon pattern a bit, and I am really pleased. Not sure what it will become, it isn't quite the right size for a burp rag, so it may just be a dust or face cloth. It certainly kept my hands busy. I cast on a pair of RPM's last night, so that is nice mindless bus/train knitting.

Currently I am balling up the yarn for my sisters clapotis. Hoping to cast that on tonight at my first Boston SNB at Flour I am really excited to meet some new knitters.

Oh, and I SO wore the wrong shoes. My favorite Heels backfired on me yesterday. These shoes have always come through, but not yesterday. Thankfully I was able to come home to my finished monkeys I haven't woven in the yarn ends yet, but that didn't stop me from wearing them around the house last night. They were so comfy and wonderful.

No comments: