Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Boston?

I think I'll go to Boston,
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind...
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset,
I hear it's nice in the Summer, some snow would be nice. . .

Well, I think the lyrics state it best, but let me state for the record. . NOTHING is definite. . . . .

After the week at home I gave my resignation at work. Rather than being stressful it was a complete relief. I really thought that this job was going to be a good spot for me, but that was not to be. instead it has been never ending frustration.

So I have been looking for jobs in New England so that I can be closer to family and friends.

Well, one of the options has always been Boston (which is where sister J is) Well yesterday I received 3 offers for interviews.

One at a knitting store on Newbury street (that is part time)

One with the ticketing software company. This is the software that I am currently using now.

And last but not least a box office management position.

I will honestly say that I would be happy with any of them, so long as I can get benefits. The money on the box office management position is a bit lower than I would really want BUT the hours are quite regular, and it is at a puppet theatre. Those of you who know me know that I would REALLY like to get me masters in Theatre Ed. This would be a great position to lead into that. Boston also is home to the school that I would really like to obtain this degree at is Emerson College. Being in Boston would put me one step closer.

So that is where things are.....

in knitting news. . .

I put down the CPH while I worked on my monkey socks. I am sure I will pick it up again once I get home. The monkeys are SO much fun. I finished one, and am working on the second. I made a few errors but I think they are novice sock knitter errors (picking up the gusset, didn't leave enough length while grafting the toes, etc) But I am still happy with them and I will most certainly wear them. I am doing pomotomas next, and think I am going to do the knee socks on the twist collective as a Christmas gift for someone this year.
OH, and I also cast on something else (come on, you all know I have knitting ADD) I cast on the fish nets from SNB nation. Making them for a friend for Christmas. They are going to be purple. I think they will be a great train/T/Bus project for when I am in Boston.

Yeah, I think I will Go to Boston. . . we'll see.

No comments: