Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wow, it has been awhile

So sorry. life this summer has been. . . well. . . . let's just say hectic and a bit stressful. work is. . . well we will get to that later.

right now I am at home. it is painfully early but I seem to have lost the ability to sleep in. which is no fun at all. But here I sit, blogging, getting ready for a yarn crawl with Becca.

So, in knitting news (not too many pics now as I am charging my camera, but I promise some later)

I am working on the central park hoodie. this is a fantastic pattern. it moves quickly, easy to knit, and fantastic. I just love it.

I am swatching for my monkeys which I am knitting for the Ravelympics.
I am doing those in mascot by blue hands fiber arts. I was hoping to do them in Adams Morgan but I forgot to bring that yarn home on vacation. grrr

I went to Boston for a couple of days to visit Jen. I was going to go to Minds Eye Yarns in Cambridge, but they did not post their hours properly on their website, (okay, as I look at their site now I see they that have their hours posted on the bottom of the site, my bad I missed it) so it was closed. SUCH a disappointment. But we did find a fantastic children's book store called Bearfoot Books. Everyone buying books for little ones should discover them. The books are great, beautifully illustrated, great stories, everything. So much fun.

So we ended up at wolcott and co a GREAT find. It is right near Harvard. Great selections, fantastic prices, nice staff. I was very impressed. Got a couple of skeins of a BEAUTIFUL pima cotton for my swap pal on Ravelry, so I was very happy. I will most certainly go back. I was hoping to get to Stitch House Dorcester but did not. Jen went yesterday and was very pleased.

Along with yarn we went to an amazing used CD and Record Store and also had great ice cream at tuscaninis

No comments: