Thursday, August 14, 2008

Aahhh Sailing


So probably the most relaxing day of the trip home was Friday, and that was the day for sailing. A friend bought a boat a couple of summers ago and I have never been home to get to go out. When I was a kid I was on boats all of the time. Grandpa lives in Mystic and he had a boat. We used to go out to Fishers Island, NY and Watch Hill RI all of the time. Watch hill was the best because we got to ride the carousel and catch the rings. It was SOOOO cool.

Anyway, so I went out to Stamford to meet up with M and then we set sail with Nutmeg on board.

IT was such a great day. We managed to bypass four thunder storms, but watched them all go by. Not much wind for most of the day, but a few times it did get exciting, and that was SO cool. Being a complete klutz myself, and having terrible balance, certain times made it more interesting.

Having been away from friends and family for quite awhile, I always love the time that I get to spend one on one with people. Becca and I get our knittng time, J and I have had our movie days, V and I just have our really long chats. This is the first time in so long that I have had a chance to spend time with just M and it was great.

Didn't actually do any knitting on board, but did do it on the train, had to cast on those monkeys for the ravelympics.

I managed to lose all sense of direction on the train, since I got on in the middle of the route that I am used to. I was SO convinced that I was going the wrong way. I am sure that the very nice man that I asked thought I was drunk. No very nice man, I was just very sunburned. (Note to self, never take sun screen from an Italian if you are a pasty white Irish/German/Russian mutt. You will burn). Nothing crisis causing. Since I have been indoors all summer, and my skin has barely seen daylight, it is no wonder I burned.

Well. That was the day, and the vacation.
Saturday was pretty low key. Spent the day lounging around the house with mom, went to Friendlys as she was hungry for a fribble (after her day int he ER) got to see Cousin R and give him a good luck hug as he heads off to Cornell. Cleaned out the car, got the laundry done, and went to bed early.

The drive back on Sunday was TERRIBLE. I managed to keep going the wrong way. I should have taken it as a sign to turn around and go home but my cat and my yarn were waiting for me on the other end of this 15 hour excursion.

Hagrid was quite thrilled to see me. He is such a people cat, and while I had someone coming in every couple of days to feed him that is just not enough attention.

On Monday I officially gave my resignation at work. Professionally I know it is not too great of a choice, but personally I had to do it.

I will be moving north on the 30th of August, anyone know of a job for me in New England (nor more than 3 hrs from home, that is my limit now) I would take Boston as well. . . .

anyone, anyone. . . . .

No comments: