Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Well, I have been here for a week

Crazy huh. I have been in this new city for a week. I am still unemployed, I am really hoping to fix that situation today. i have an interview with the CEO of Software Company "V" today. I am really hoping this is the third and final. I have also seen a couple more jobs that I am thinking of applying for, and I have also signed on with a temp agency. I am confident that I will have a paycheck soon.

I am getting settled in the apartment and finding creative storage options.

This weekend I am pretty psyched. I discovered the Boston Folk Festival here in town, and they were looking for volunteers, so I am heading there to help with set up and breakdown on Sunday, and I get to enjoy all of the music. I am psyched. It should be great. No huge names, but John Gorka and Kathy Mattea will be there, and that is good enough.

In knitting news, well I have to say this whole "Do one project at a time" has its merits. I am currently working on a Clapotis for my sister. I am more than half way done with the straight rows, it looks fantastic.

I am using Dark Horse yarns fantasy. I must say, I really love this yarn. It is great. It is soft, so soft. It drapes beautifully. I am thinking of a big challenge project of the drifting pleats scarf for Step Mom for Christmas. We shall see.

I have a few other things on the needles as well. Fishnets from SNB Nation for Vik, a blanket to donate to Victory Junction Gang in Dad's name, and that is about it. I am looking forward to trying out the magic loop once I am done with the clapotis. I have some of the Ravelry Mascot left over, thinking it is enough for a pair of socks for L.

I am loving Boston, especially the weather, and the things to do. I am going to two different SNB's this week. One out in Cambridge tonight, and one on the South End. The knitters have been so wonderful.

Well, guess that is it for me today, must get some cleaning done, interview is at 2pm. Wish me luck.

No comments: