Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DUDE It's not a Dell!!


My new computer
Originally uploaded by theatreknitter
Not that the Dell has been a bad thing. Really, it has had a wonderful life. It may continue to have a wonderful life when I get all of my files off of it. It is a perfect computer for someone who needs to check their email, write a paper, or get some work done. It, however, is not so condusive to someone who wants to be listening to a podcast while surfing the internet. You see, the mere mention of running itunes and any other application at the same time sent my poor little dell into a tizzy.

So when I saw a Compaq on sale at OfficeMax I jumped on the opportunity. I checked out Circuit City first, but alss things were only 10% off, and this was much better.

The associate who helped me, SOOO fantastic. I was hoping to get said computer on Sunday, but it just wouldn't stop snowing. I called the store on Monday afternoon to make sure they had them in stock, they had ONE. I asked the nice man to hold it for me, and he said yes. Having worked retail, this is not as easy as it sounds. You can hold an item, and anyone can grab it from you. It isn't necessarily your fault. Your manager can come and say NO you can't hold it. Never yell at the associate who can't hold an item (unless it has bene less than 30 minutes) it isn't his fault)

Yes, I was a good girl and got the extra coverage, so I have a total of 4 years of coverage.

Now to get all of my files off the old computer before she officially tells me that she is done.

No comments: