Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Fabulous way to start my vacation





So after my last day of work for a week (YAY VACATION) I headed out to Cambridge for a concert. Now, backstory. I firmly believe that my mother having me sleep out for a concert at 9 months of age set me up for later in life. You see, I love live music. I love all live music. Sue, I can sit and listen to a CD for hours on end, but ther eis nothing like actually going to a concert. So as I sit here with my ears still ringing a bit (no it wasn't super loud, but my theory now is since my hearing is going away anyway, and I will probably be wearing a hearing aid in about 5 years I may as well enjoy the loud concerts and sit right next to the speakers)

So I headed to Cambridge. grabbed a Latte, and went to Club Passim.

I decided to cast on a sock using magic loop as I had some time to kill.

The opening act was a solo artist name Patrick Thomas, He was great. A voice very similar to MArtin Sexton, I loved it. Looking forward to getting his CD and finding more songs that he has written for other artist.

The main act for hte night was Paper Raincoat. They were fantastic. Just so great.

They were also very kind and allowed me to get their picture taken with my knitting
This is The drummer Adam and Amber, and me with my knitting.

This is Adam Wong and Patrick Thomas

Here are the results of the knitting. Not too bad I gota say, though it will probably get frogged. There were quite a few splt stitches. But these socks will forever be called the Paper Raincoat socks.

I think that is my newfavorite part about knitting. Each project doesn't just have meaning because the item was made, but I can always look back on what I was doing when I knit the project. I was knititng my monkeys when I was watching Michael Phelps do amazing things in the Olympics.

I was knitting Boobbi Bear on the train while heading home to see Patrick for hte very first time.

And these socks will always remind me of the fantastic concert where i saw a fabulous band, and a fantastic songwriter and performer.

Thank you all.

No comments: