Saturday, October 29, 2011

Weekend WIP : The Circus tent hat. . (AKA the Joy of Short Rows)

I discovered the joy of short row knitting when I made my first multidirectional scarf  I Love this pattern, and if you have never tried short row knitting, this is the perfect start. I have re knit this pattern multiple times, and have loved it every time.

I went on Ravelry to find some interesting hat patterns so that I could challenge myself a bit while working on Pat Pat's hats . I came across the Short Row Sideways Hat on Ravelry. This pattern was designed by Kristi Porter at the Domesticsphere. Be sure to check out her patterns, they really are great. So now I give you the
Circus Tent Hat.



I have had this particular skein of yarn for so long. I remember when nutmegknitter and I were at her house and she was being incredibly generous with her stash. She got this yarn from the All Raveled up Sock Club from Blue Hands Fibers on Etsy. We were both amazed how this particular yarn wound up into the cake. It was PLAID!!! Sure enough, it was just as fun to knit. I love how the playful colors made a joyful hat. I had to give it a fun name. 

I stuck with the pattern for this hat, and I got a great preemie hat with just a little bit of sock yarn. If you are new to my blog you will discover that while I LOVE sock yarn, I am not a sock knitter. This sock yarn made an adorable preemie hat, and it is even soft enough to wear. I can't wait to donate it. 

No comments: