Monday, October 24, 2011

Work/train knitting


I openly admit to my knitting addiction. I have knitting with me all of the time, I get nervous when I don't have knitting, I think about knitting, I eye patterns when on the train and think "I wonder if I could figure out that pattern?".

I typically have multiple patterns on the needles. I tend to have something challenging (maybe involving lace, cables, or (GASP) the need to keep a proper Gauge. I always have a work.train project. I am fortunate that I can knit, and sometimes spin, at work. This is a huge bonus, I am aware of this. I work in software support and I spend a lot of time on the phone. That means I can easily pick up my knitting and work on a project. Train/work knitting should be carefully planned. It shouldn't involve counting, it should be easily picked up and started, and just as easily put down.

Thankfully, I LOVE knitting hats!!! Hats are my travel knitting. Many people have socks, I always have a hat.Apologies for the crappy photo quality.

I was able to complete the hat pictures in one night. (While meeting the yarn harlot, more on that later as she deserves her own post).

This hat, and the one in progress, will be donated to Pat Pat's hats. I find hats to be wonderful travel knitting. They are easy, fun, versatile, and can be knit with almost every yarn. I enjoy adding little patterns to make them more interesting. Hats also give me a chance to try out my own pattern ideas.

Yarn: Farmhouse Yarns I'm Allergic to Wool. I've always enjoyed this yarn. It is soft, has great texture, and makes awesome hats!




No comments: