Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend WIP: Epiphany Ishbel


I decided to take a break from hats, and get started on some Holiday knitting. I don't know that I have ever knit something for my Step mom, so I decided to make her an Ishbel. I Love this pattern, I have made it before and I love mine.

I am making the scarf out of Cascade Epiphany. This yarn is Heavenly, that's all I can say. I just love it.

The only problem, I've become too much of a perfectionist, and I can't seem to get it in my head to keep track of my stitch count. So here I am, after frogging the lace for the third time, working on the Ishbel. I am finding this pattern much more challenging than the last time I worked on it. Maybe I need this knitting challenge, but seriously? it's holiday knitting season folks, I need my knitting brain back! Not more autopilot knitting.

I purchases the Yarn at Minds Eye Yarn in Cambridge, MA. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lucy at Minds Eye. When I started my spinning wheel shopping (Yes, I got one) I went to visit Lucy. She sat with me for almost 2 hours. I didn't end up buying my wheel from her (some day I will have a bigger place and I will get my Ashford Traditional, which was SO much fun to knit with).

Anyway, if you are visiting Boston, check out this spot. It's wonderful. I really love it and don't get there often enough. It is directly off the red line in porter square. A great spot to visit for knitters andNon-Knitters alike.



No comments: