Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Why We Knit Wednesday-- Nutmegknitter

Thank you all for your kind comments on my post last week, it was a wonderful homecoming to my blog. I am intrigued by this question, because as we all know you can buy socks at walmart, sweaters at Old Navy, and hats at Target. . . Why knit?

I hope to have visitors to my Blog with their responses to this questions. We will start with Nutmegknitter. She is not only a fantastic knitter, she is also a fabulous mom and most importantly to me a wonderful friend. In her house, I am known as "aunt Betsy, your knitting friend" I don't know if I am allowed another catagory, but I'll take it.


Why do you knit? 
It makes me slow down and focus, one St at a time. It is relaxing and quiets my brain.

Couldn't have said it better myself. She is a great one for finding just the right thing to say. I have a large and sometimes overwhelming family. When I am without my knitting, or a spindle, I feel awkward and I never really know what to say with them. With my knitting, I am relaxed, the chaos around me doesn't seem so bad. No matter how fast  you knit, and some people are pretty speedy, knitting takes individual stitches that must be crafted individually. Each one must be in the right place, or the pattern is lost.

Thank you Becca for being the guinea pig at this project, so now I ask you. . .


Why do you knit?


No comments: