Tuesday, January 23, 2018

What I learned from Come from Away

Recently a post was put on Twitter "What has Come From Away" Taught you. This show has taught me so much. Seeing this production was overwhelming.

What have I learned?

1. Be Kinder than you need to be.

2 Where you are is where you are meant to be.

3 Tomorrow may not be promised, so enjoy each moment that you have where you are.

4 Live in the moment.

5 If you think about someone, tell them.

6 It's amazing what some spare bedding can mean to someone.

7 There can be too much toilet paper.

8 Don't forget about the animals.

9 Some places are better than Disneyland

10 it's over 20 ft to jump from the door of a plane.

11 Fish CAN be cooked with cheese

12 someone needs to clean the bathrooms

13 the moose will move when she's good and ready

14 Take lots of pictures

15 Always share your vodka

16 It's okay to steal someones grill

17. let the puppy sleep

18. Do not judge a person by their looks

19. Love more

20. sometimes, just go to the bar.

21. Newfoundland has it's own timezone

22. What Toutens are

23. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, you'll find your heart.

24. What an ugly stick is

25. Why rush tickets cost $38 (yeah, I should have figured that one out sooner)

26. That Come From Away fans are all wonderful

27. The Come From Away Cast is the kindest Cast on Broadway

28. That even before you visit Newfoundland the people are welcoming (I have been offered places to stay, places for dinner, and personal tours of Gander already)

29. If you knit for the Cast, they will wear your handknits (thank you Astrid)

30. I learned who Beverly Bass is

31. I learned that Jenn Colella is just wonderful, and why a wonderful friend admired her so much.

32. The CFA Cast will help You give back to others (thank you Petrina)

33. That trees will sprout leaves even after they are cut down.

34.

35.

36.

37.

38. I have learned what I want to be when I grow up.




To say I'm a Fan is an understatement. To say that I love the show is the tip of the iceberg. To say that the show moved me brings me to tears.

No comments: