Monday, January 22, 2018

I've Lost 2 skeins of yarn

Yes, I still talk about knitting on my blog...

So, 2 years ago I visited Salt Lake City. I enjoy being a yarn tourist. What is a Yarn Tourist you say? When I visit a new place, i look for Yarn stores (what, you don'?)/ Visiting LYS throughout the country has let me meet new people, see local yarns, a learn about the local culture.

So, when I visited Salt Lake City i went to Blazing Needles this remains to be one of hte most interesting Yarn stores that I have ever visited. I gushed about it on my blog

So, While I was there I looked for local yarn, something I tend to do. I purchased 2 skeins of Summit. Yes, you read that correctly... It's cashmere.

I liked this yarn instantly because I loved what was written on the tag.




Utah surprises people because its people are surprising. We are journeyers, transplants, saints, and sinners. We gather in unusual places - knitting shops, cycling groups, book clubs, and outdoor summer concerts. We’re blessed with great heights, looking out over high desert valleys and glacier-cut canyons, appreciating the expanse and views.



I had plans for this yarn. I put this yarn in a safe place. I planned for this yarn to remind me of the absolute stunning beauty of Utah.

So, please... take a mmoment and send up a prayer for my missing skeins. It really wants to become something beautiful.

No comments: