Wednesday, January 16, 2019

2 years, Still Miss you


This was your last sunset. I sat and watched this with my mom for close to an hour, it was something she really wanted to do in Key West, so it was our last adventure. Even watching this I knew something wasn't right. We hadn't heard from you all day. You weren't answering your phone. There had been days in the past where you might be tough to reach, but you always appeared "Nothing to worry about, I'm fine." This time was different. You weren't calling back, your voice wasn't on the other end, your text never came. I'd return to the hotel to send a message to Carla Jean on Facebook. I still can't facebook message her because I see that message. Zuckerberg can make a lot of things happen, but he can't take away that message that I had to send. "We haven't heard from her. We are getting concerned"

Fact is I miss you. I miss you still. I miss you a lot. I think of the things that have happened that you should have been here for. Josh opened a new show, you would love it. I saw Once on this Island twice, it was amazing both times. Your niece and Nephews are amazing and hilarious, though I think my favorite pictures of them are the time out photos... because, well. They are amazing. we started a new "VendiniBambini" channel on slack where everyone shares pictures of their kids. Yup, I know you would be RIGHT there aunt bragging. I watched Dumplin' the other night, and I know we would have been texting all the way through it. Your mom got an amazing new hair cut. These are the things happening that I know we would be sharing, these are the things that

There are losses that I can accept and come to terms with, but I fear yours is one that I may never fully understand. You remain on this earth in the memories that you created, in the joy that you brought, and in the grief that so many of us share.

No comments: