Wednesday, January 2, 2019

knitting for knitters is hard

Let's face it, crafting for crafters is difficult. probably more difficult than anything else that we craft.

Currently, I am working on a project for a dear friend that is moving away. I agonized over the project, then the yarn, then I kept making errors and restarted the project not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES (if this person reads this post, she is possibly cringing because restarting projects drives her crazy)

Currently, I'm looking at the project hoping that a small inconsistency blocks out, what do I do if it's doesn't.

I want this gift to be perfect. This person has been there for me during some difficult moments over the past few years. When we first met she approached me to ask about my knitting. we found common ground in our love of beautiful patterns and the fibers that create those projects.

I know this finished item will be well received, I know that she will understand the work that went into it.

But that does not change the fact... knitting for knitters is hard.

No comments: