Friday, July 18, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
1. Do you like blue cheese? Oh yes.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Four about ten years I smoked lots of them. miss it sometimes. not the actual smoke, but the action of it.
3. Do you own a gun? No
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?When I go I am not concerned about the drink, it is all about the tater tots. mmmmmmmmm sonic tater tots.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? yes
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Hummels. (Though the Jenny O Turkey dogs aren't bad, and really cheap)
7. Favorite Christmas Song? the little drummer boy.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee
9. Can you do push ups? no
10. Favorite movie? Ever After, St. Elmos Fire.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? my necklace (A heart charm from mom and john, the pearl that matches Jen and bec's, and the diamond from dad and Jean that came from boppies ring)
12. Favorite hobby? knitting, singing, photography, hope to add travel to this list when I can afford it, spoiling nieces and nephews.
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? Nice to be looked up to, but I think idolized is a rather strong term.
14. Do you have ADD? sometimes I think so, but my sister says no (She is a special ed teacher, she probably can tell)
15. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? Laziness (I can be a big couch potato) not always organized) I can lose my temper pretty easily.
16. Middle name? Marie (After grandma)
17. Three thoughts at this moment: I hope I don't actually get sick, hope to hear about hte job soon,wish the person pulling on the door would pull the correct door instead of peeking htrough the window and tapping lightly in hopes that I will actually respond.
18. Three things you bought yesterday. Coffee, half and half, ice cream.
19. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Coffee, diet coke water.
20. Current worry right now? grandpa, and getting a new job.
21. Current hate right now? don't like hate. current frustration is my financial situation.
22. Favorite place to be? with friends and family.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? I was driving home from CT with HAgrid, went to bed early spent the day unpacking.
24. Where would you like to go? home, the beach, PSF.
25. Name three people who will complete this. NOt sure, jen if she has time, maybe bec.
26. Who's answer do you want to read the most? see 25.
27. What color shirt are you wearing?black top, denim skirt and my girly girl chevron scarf.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? don't know that I ever have, but I think I would find htem slippery.
29. Can you whistle? yes,
30. Favorite color? red
31. Would you be a pirate? Not sure.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? oddly I don't sing in the shower, the car on the other hand is a whole nother topic.
33. Favorite girl's name? Victoria
34. Favorite boy's name? HAven't put much thought into that one.
35.What's in your pocket right now? nothing.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? the video of caleb
37. Best bed sheets as a child? cabbage patch
38. Worst injury you've ever had? rupturing my eardrum or breaking my foot. they are about equal.
39. Do you love where you live? not so much right now.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 1
41. Who is your loudest friend? Vik, hands down.
42. How many dogs do you have? none, but I do have a 13 lb cat (best one ever!)
43. Does someone have a crush on you? not that I am aware of, but hey come out of the woodwork if you do.
44. If you could marry a movie actor/actress who would it be? josh groban
45. What is your favorite book? Anne of Green Gables.
46. What is your favorite candy? skittles, twix
47. Who is your favorite sports team? UCONN girls basketball.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? kind of depressing isn't it. I guess how could I ever know. (secret garden) or children of eden
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? sleeping
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? I hope I am not getting sick OH yeah, I have dunkin donuts coffee, Hagrid I will get your food seriously I have never forgotten to feed you (see, wonder why I think I am add?)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Dick: I guess it looks as if you're reorganizing your records. What is this though? Chronological?
Dick: Not alphabetical...
Dick: No fucking way.
I was having a very ADD moment online. click here, click here, that brings me here, etc. etc, etc, on and on until I came to a site that mentioned nanci griffith. That reminded me of a fantastic stage manager I worked with. He was great. As a gift he gave me a nanci griffith CD. This particular song (written by julie gold) was something she song in response to the 9/11 attacks.
So as a thank you to B for being so great and patient with me during my first ASM experience at the Arts center, I bring you nancy griffith.
I can't believe the amount of support that I have received. My family, my friends, and people I have met on Plurk and beyond. Everyone knows how much this move and change of job means to me. I cannot event begin to mention my thanks to everyone.
Had a couple of travel bumps (delays, change of airports, etc) but I must say, KUDOS to US air. On Sunday night there were storms in Charlotte airport so it was chut down for an hour, that could have seriously screwed things up. Instead, planes were turned over quickly and it all went smoothly. Aside from overpriced and oversixed portions of food (seriously people, no wonder we are an obese county) it went well. THanks to my CPH (which was with me the entire time) I was able to keep my cool and hold it together. If you haven't read Zen and the art of knitting, just do you will thank yourself for it.
So I got home around 3 or so and went right to bed. I bolted out of bed at 6 30 am and forgot where I was, also looking for hagrid, I think that actually made me more nervous. I got to spend a few minuted with mom (who has a broken foot so I helped her make her appointments with the orthopedist to confirm that) Got the step dad out of bed (quickest I have ever seen him get up, but mom got an appointment for first thing in the morning so movement was essential)
So I got to the interview. THe school is great. How cool is it to sit in the office and hear student singing les miz down the hall, you also walk through the halls and see the students artwork, then up to the dance studio with the halls littered with shoes and dance bags, it was very cool. THe space is a nice sized school space, 600 seats.
I think they are looking for a bit more marketing experience than I have, but I think I may send them an email with some PDFS of the materials that I have prepared here.
Got to have nice lunch with my step mom and make sure that she is cool with me possibly living at home 9dad says yes, but I hadn't heard it from her yet) They have done all kinds of work on their home so it looks just wonderful. It is official that I cannot bring Hagrid to their house, so I am thinking auntie Bec.
then off to see Lorelai and Becca, the best part of the day!!!!! I needed some baby therapy, and it certainly solidified the desire to be home. She is growing so fast, I don't want to miss out on that with my future nieces and nephews. We will see if the computer behaves and I will upload pics and video to flickr.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
That is pretty much my stash. It has been in the closet in my current apartment. In thinking positive about the job interview on Monday I satarted packing tonight. I think my yarn stash is the most valuable thing that I own. Seriously. Is that sad.
Don't know how much plurking and posting I will get to do this week, I anticipate a busy week, but I will talk to you all soon.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
It was a terrible day at work for me, those are the lyrics to a song by nancy Moran
Now, I had kind of forgotten about the post, but not the song (come on, the song rocks)
So today I was checking my email and I received this.
Nancy Moran has left a new comment on your post "so instead of a work rant.":
Thanks for the post! I just stumbled upon these today. :-)
Now how cool is that, she could have said "how dare you use my music" She could have made me take the lyrics off the page. But no, she thanked me. How much does that rock, that just makes her SO way cool. Unfortunately I may not get to see her perform at the theatre I currently work at (and the booking was SO my idea) but alass, if anyone has the chance to click here and listen to some great music.
In work news. . . well i have an interview on July 14th in CT at CREC in Hartford. THis is an Arts Magenet High School. I am applying to House Manage and Box Office Manage. It is quite a whirlwind trip, but I am looking forward to it.
Thanks to everyone on plurk for being so supportive.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
I know, I know. That’s a little anticlimactic. Here were are, talking about changing the world from our rocking chairs on our porches with a little pie, and I’m asking you to just talk about one of the subjects you know best — you.
It isn't hard at all for me to know where my farm girl status comes from. My Grandma Gunther and my Boppie. Grandma had the most beautiful gardens on the planet. She could grow anything. Inpatients, violets. Her yard, along with the garden, was surrounded by Forsythia bushes. I can remember being out and playing and discovering a hideout in the bushes (I think it may even still be there). My Boppie grew vegetables. One of my favorite memories is sitting on the porch with him, my granny, and my cousin Tom. We were shucking peas and just as quickly as they were shucked, we ate them. Granny was quite pissed when she realized we didn't have enough peas for dinner, but none of us were really hungry anyway. It was great. My boppie also had ponies. Everyone wished for one, I had Teddy and Dapper Dan. Dapper Dan was not nice. Kind of mean actually, but Teddy was the best. We used to ride him all of the time. They were draft ponies so they were just my size.
Currently I am living in my first apartment by myself. It is so wonderful. I decided that I was DETERMINED to make something grow. Well, I have. I have three amazing tomato plants that are falling over with cherry tomato's. I also have a strawberry plant that produced (get this) 1 strawberry. I think some insects got to it before me, so I didn't get to eat it, but it was there. How cool is that. (I would share pictures if my card reader wanted to behave, but not so much today, maybe later)
So that is me, I guess I inherited the green thumb from my grandparents (one on mom's side, one on dad's, guess that give me one on the left and right).