Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ishbel

After reading Peacefulknitters post I knew that I had to knit the Ishbel. i went to the CT Sheep and wool Festival with Nutmegknitter and got the perfect yarn for the project. I used the Silk Merchant from Mocha's Fiber connection. Well it was fantastic. After a couple of mishaps with the cast off, I finally had a wearable garment. This is an item that i am EXTREMELY proud of.




I have taken to wearing this at work and it really helps with cutting the cold from the air conditioning in the office. It is so great. I did make an oops, I believe that I accidentally did the lace work for the large instead of the small. I had JUST enough yarn.

Project Details
Ysolda Teague
from Whimsical Little Knits

Needles: KA interchangables size 5
Yarn: Silk merchant
51% silk, 49% rayon from bamboo
3.5 oz
320 yards
www.mochasfiberconnection.com

I have started my second Ishbel, it will be made out of Violets Pink Ribbon, I am using Size 3 Addis. It is a bit Sherbet Like already, but I do love the yarn, so I am glad that it is getting made.

Okay, pug is giving me the "Please I am cute so please stop typing and take me outside" look. guess I should do that before I regret it.

No comments: