Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 a year in review

2008-in-review-meme

Borrowed from Nutmegknitter.

Where did you begin 2008?

I drove from CT to NC with Hagrid on New Years Eve. That night I was actually in bed by 9pm after a long drive with a very unhappy cat.

What was your status by Valentine's Day?
single (but I had a great big orange 15 lb purring boy next to me, that is all I needed)

Were you in school (anytime this year)?
i took a couple of online classes, but not officially in school

Did you have to go to the hospital?
Interestingly there were many fewer visits ot the hospital this year (since I was not a company manager) I did go to visit my sister and new nephew Patrick.

Did you have any encounters with the police?
I was aparently a target this year. I got three tickets myself, then there was the drive home from Rhinebeck.

Where did you go on vacation?
I did make a visit to Bosotn.

What did you purchase that was over $500?
nothing. But I did pay off my Car!!!!!!!! I have the TITLE!!!!!!!!

Did you know anybody who got married?
My cousin Brent. . . . . and I think that is it.

Did you know anybody who passed away?
Yes.

Did you move anywhere?
Yup, I moved from NC to Boston.

What sporting events did you attend?
Nothing really.

Describe your birthday:
Enjoyable. I had a lovely morning by myself, then went to visit Jenny, Brian, and Ian and Jenny and I went ot a concert in Carborro to see one of my FAVORITE folk performers.

What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008?
Move back to New England (it was in the long term plan, but things happened much faster) quit my job (I was there for less than a year, I really wanted to make it work), Leave my direct access ot the performing arts industry. I am working for a ticketing software company now, but it isn't always the same. I gave up an amazing pet.

What has been your favorite moment(s)?
(described in photos)


What's something you learned about yourself?
I am a much better knitter than I thought, I can become financially independent, I have changed a lot in the past few years, and it may take others a bit to get used to the new me (I also may have to adjust back a bit to meet them in the middle), I really like being an aunt, I like city life. . . . . . . . a lot

Any new additions to your family?
Patrick, Charlotte, and Grace. . . .

What was your best month?
Wow, this has been a weird year with lots of ups and downs. aside from the wonderful additions, I don't know that any one month has been really great. Maybe October (that was Rhinebeck) but then again there was of course December (Patrick).

What music will you remember from 2008?







Made new friends?
Oh man!!!! Ravelry and knititng have brought so many wonderful people into my life. I cannot even begin to mention all of the names. if I met you through fiber, you are now my friend.

New best friend?
My best friends amaze me every day. They are moms, teachers, mentors, and the most supportive people I know. They will maintain their staus through it all.

Favorite night out?
The Girlyman concert wiht Jennifer, david Wilcox wiht Jenny, or the Rav party with Becca. A really tough call, Christine Lavin Concert with Jennifer, oh and did I mention that I spoke to Sondheim!!!!!!!!!!

Any regrets?
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."


What do you want to change in 2008?
Finances, I really want them under control. I would like to be able to run three miles again (I did it three years ago, I can do it again).

Overall, how would you rate this year?
there were some wonderful highs






What would you change about 2008?
I could change a few moments, but then like a butterfly wing it would mess everything up. gotta live with what we have.

Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
The Turnage, My car

Have any life changes in 2008?
Yup. Ne wjob, new address, new city, and I am an aunt.

Change your hairstyle?
lots of different colors. it has been fun

Have any car accidents?
my car got hit in a parking lot, but I was not in it. I also had a near miss on the drive from NC to home.

Buy a new car?
nope, but I paid off the old one.

New BF/GF?
No

Get a new job?
yes, and I love it.

Do you have a New Year's resolution?
of course, we will see how they go

Do anything embarrassing?
Sure, don't we all.

Buy anything new from eBay?
Sure did

What was your favorite purchase of 2008?
hmmmmmmm yarn, music, and my drop spindle

Get married or divorced?
No

Get arrested?
No

Be honest - did you watch American Idol?
yup

Did you get sick this year?
not really, I have been very healthy.

Start a new hobby?
spinning

Been snowboarding?
nope, I don't think that would be a good idea for me. . . do you? have you met me.? Did you hear what hte Wii fit said to me.

Drank Starbucks in 2008?
Oh yes

Are you happy to see 2008 go?
It has been a really rough year for me, but i have learned that my family and friends will support me thorugh anything. they have offered me everyhting fomr company, a shoulder to cry on, to an actual roof over my head. You never know what you have until you are kind of in the depths. I know what I have now, and I will never let it go.

No comments: