Monday, December 29, 2008

OH, I got gifts as well

So yes, I did get some gifts for christmas as well, it wasn't all me knitting. In fact, it was a lovely christmas for me. I have to say, I LOVE giving gifts, and who doesn't love receiving them. I think it is extremely nice when family and friends listen and get you things that you will actually use and enjoy.

For instance, my sister jennifer is quite amazing. She hemmed and hawed and listened to my back nd forth (even called Becca) and in the end. . .

I GOT MY KA INTERCHANGABLES!!!!!!!!!!!
(I got hte case with the stars)

I am extremely psyched I love them.

Also, Mom got me a new suitcase. Oddly, with all of the traveling that I do, I don't own a rolling pull suitcase. Well I do now. It is great.

Dad is always there with the kitchen stuff, and this year was nothing short of perfect. I got a pressure cooker. I can't WAIT to try it out. Jen has it at home in CT right now, and she will be bringing it back. Also got a Gift Certificate to a yarn store in CT, will have to see the damage I can do there.

My cousin gave me some WONDERUL bath products fgrom Lush here in Bosotn. Oh my the sniffies, they are great.

My uncle totally surprised me by giving me the mill ends of 4 skeins of yarn from the 2 llama's and 2 alpaca's at his farm in CT. SO cool. I was so excited. I can't wait to try it out. I think I will be making a hat for him.

My grandmother has a wonderful tradition of giving us the Wallace Silversmith pewter Candy Cane ornaments every year. This year it is covered with wrapped presents. I love it.

OH, and mom also gave us gift certificates for 1 hour massages. Nothing could be better than that. !!!!

It really was a lovely holiday. Sure it is a long day, is there anyone with a large family that doesn't have a long day on Christmas day. Sure, staying home might be nice, but I don't think it would be the same for me without getting to see everyone, or at least as many people as possible.

Well, that was my day. how was yours?

I will post more of the knitted items later today. guess I should actually get some work done here.

1 comment:

Girl Meets Needle said...

I'm so glad you had a nice holiday! Mine was surprisingly good too, and I really should blog about it soon! :)