Thursday, December 11, 2008

One of these things is not like the other


My Amazing dinner
Originally uploaded by theatreknitter
So soon I promise I will post some knitting news. Pretty much everything I am working on is for Christmas gifts. I am not sure of the people that may drop by my blog, so I just want to be safe. I will wait till Christmas to post all of the knitting.

So last night was our office Christmas Party. Coming from the non-profit world of pot luck parties with Secret Santa, the profit world most certainly does Christmas Parties differently.

We went to a restaurant called Grill 23 in Boston's Back Bay. I got there a bit early so that I could wander around the neighborhood. I SOOO don't belong in that neighborhood. But it was very pretty and nice.

I was wandering around a bit outside of the restaurant's and noticed that right next to this Jacket required establishment is the Salvation Army Shelter. Really, seriously. How many people walking into this over-priced place notice that the people next door are probably getting soup and a roll for dinner.

I am most certainly not saying that we shouldn't have had the Christmas party (and oh yes, the food was amazing, and I also drank top shelf tequila, I am no fool)

I guess there is a part of me that will always miss the non-profit world. The world here the company will adopt a family to make sure they have a nice Christmas, the world where you bring in your favorite dish to share with your co-workers, the world where you have a nice party to share each-others company. Not a party where people are literally trying to get the bill higher by ordering ridiculously expensive scotch's (that apparently was last year, and the bill was like $4,000 I don't think anyone pulled that this year)

No comments: