Friday, December 19, 2008

Failed fishnets


Failed fishnets
Originally uploaded by theatreknitter
GRRRRRRRRRR

that is pretty much all I can say right now. trying not to get too bummed. thankfully, the gift is for a friend. I already got her another gift for christmas. This was something fun for her. I can properly measure her leg and make them correctly to fit her.

In general they are too big. Now truth be told, she has a bigger leg than I, but there are downright baggie. The toe is uncomfortable. I think I will make an actual "foot bottom" for lack of a better term rather than have it be netting all around the foot.

Then there is the bind off. I did exactly as it said, it is tight on me.

So, best laid plans. Oh well. Thankfully when I see this person next week I can say.

Okay, this was supposed ot be for christmas, but they will be later. Now give me our leg.

Background, this is my friend who regularly goes to burlesque shows in new york, She will wear these.

Oh, and they will be knit in the round.

Okay. Am I bummed that I took the time on these, yes I am. I could, and should, have bene working on another project that I have EXACTLY 5 days to finish. And you can pretty much write off christmas even unless I can hide out to get it finished, and that is not as easy as it sounds.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

I WILL have all of my gift knitting finished this year. no yarn ends, no IOU's, nothing.

The fish nets don't count.

1 comment:

Laura said...

perhaps a trip through the dryer will shring them? Too bad they're too big, they came out quite well!