Sunday, October 26, 2008

Christine Lavin in Pawtucket!!!

Okay, those of you who know me know that I am a musical theatre geek (duh, see my blog) BUT, what you may not know is that I am also a huge fan of folk music. I was raised listening to it, and as I grew, the appreciation stuck. The humor, storytelling, and everything about it is fantastic.

Well, as I grew I developed my own favorite performers, and one of them is Christine Lavin. I think she is hilarious and wonderful. Guess what folks, she is also a knitter/crocheter. I always try to find out what she is going to be around, and GUESS WHAT she will be in Pawtucket, and there is also going to be a reading by a Providence author and she will be reading from her book "The Knitting Circle"

The tickets are very in-expensive ($16 in advance) Anyone care to join. It isn't a bad half way point between CT and MA.

okay, so info on the show:
November 15
An Evening With Christine Lavin (Tickets are $15.00 in advance and $18.00 the night of the show.)
Special guest: author Ann Hood NOTE: Reading begins at 7:00
There is no relief from laughter and tears at a concert performed by Christine Lavin. Her stories, songs and rapport with her audience leaves one with happy memories of a night well-spent. Last September, Happydance Of The Xenophobe, Christine's new topical, political, 13-song collection, was released to the thrill of the National Weather Service (“Here Comes Hurricane Season”), delight Julia Child devotees (“Whipped Cream”), enrapture caffeine addicts (“Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans”),and quite a few others.
Prior to Christine's concert, author Ann Hood, noted novelist and a Providence resident will read from her recent books The Knitting Circle and Comfort. Please note that this show begins at 7 PM: the reading will begin at 7pm and the concert at 8pm. Come and enjoy something new and different at Stone Soup!

Here is a link where you can hear some of her music.

Here is her letter to knitters.

If others want to join, let me know. maybe we can get together for dinner, and of course have some knitting and fiber fun.

No comments: