Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oh right, I have a blog. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And it is about knitting . . . . . . . .

Well the past few week has again been wild. The week last week ended with yet anohter person quitting from our office. It was the highest selling Rep in the office and I knew it would case some issues. There were issues with transfer accounts and such.

I went home for the weekend to help mom out a a church tag sale, knowing that the upcoming week would be crazy. While on the train home to CT I got to work on the South End Knitters Tag.
This is a team knitting project for our SNB. We have all been taking it home for a week and working on it. I can't wait till we get to put it up, it is going to look absolutely AWSOME!!!! Can't wait.

Friday night I had dinner with Dad and Step mom. We ended up sitting and playing Don't forget the Lyrics. SOmetimes it is funny to me how some great times are built out of the most random things, and this was one of them. My dad is normally asleep by 8pm, we were up till 10 winning the game. We had so much fun. My step mom just watched up laughing while we sang along with the game show, it was a blast.

On SAturday Mom and I spent the entire day at the tag sale. It was fun, tiring but fun. We got lots of fun stuff for Patrick, and I managed to get some great work clothes. We had a great time.

SAturdya night we went to a concert at mom's church. It really was good. A blue grass band called Marly's Ghost. Definitly worth the trip. The artists were very funny, great stories, good music all around. A Nice time.

Sunday I got up early and went to Mass. It was a little tough for me as I was thinking about Henry and his family the entire time. His memorial service was on Hilton Head on Saturday. I left amss and went down to Bishops for some apples, cider, and pumpkin woopie pies.

Then I was off to the new CT Yarn and wool in Madison. Right now it is still filled with the yarn from yarns, yarns, yarns. They are getting ready to fill it with Carols yarns. I picked up a couple of skeins of my favorite Farmhouse, lumpy bumpy in really saturated colors. Teal and lime green. They are great. Will probably turn those into a couple of hats.

While driving around I got a call from a friend who was magically in town. She is NEVER in town, so of course went to see her. Then, it was off to visit nutmegknitter and see Lorelai (and becca, jackson, and Dan). Oh, you want pictures, well of course I have pictures.

It amazes me every time I see her. She grows so much and she is so interactive. She has started playing by herself, and loves reading her books. Seeing Becca with her also give me so much joy. Becca is such a fantastic mom, and you can certainly see it in Lorelai, she loves her Mom.

Then it was back to Boston. While on the train I worked on the Calpotis. Oh yes, it is almost done I swear. I had to frog it because I made an error. I was pretty nervois aout that, but it ended up working out great.

So then it was back to work on Monday. I didn't really know what to expect, but I settled in. It was a busy week, lots of demos and learning.

On Tuesday morning Jennifer woke me up with the news "THere will probably be a baby today" Well, she was right.

Welcome to the World Grace Sophia I will get to meet her next weekend when I go home for RHINEBECK!!!!!!! I can't wait.

So on wednesday I was called into a meeting. I was told it would be good news, so I had no idea what to expect. I anticipated being offered a senior sales position but instead my position ws changed completely. I was offered an Account Management position. No more sales, but higher base salary, and I will be handling support calls. This is something I am so excited about. It is exactly what I was looking for. Requires more hours, but that is why they are paying me more. So I can handle it.

I can't wait. I am so excited.

Now I am working on my neck warmer for Rhinebeck.
This is a terrible picture of it, I promise to have something better as I get more finished with it. Great pattern, easy to follow, though it is a knot so it takes concentration. The yarn is letting me do this without hte cable needle, so I love that part.

So that is my life this week. Crazy huh. Can't wait to post more. . . . heading to salem with Jen today. It will be insane but I know it will also be fun.

No comments: