Monday, October 20, 2008

rhinebeck booty


rhinebeck booty
Originally uploaded by theatreknitter
Back from Rhinebeck. I will post details later but this is the booty. I got the first Mason Dixon book, and it is signed!! This book is a staple and should be in everyone's library in my opinion. The prayer shawl book was an impulse, but a great one. The patterns are so wonderful. THe book also has beautiful stories of faith and strength that go along with the patterns. IT is just beautiful, and the authors couldn't have been kinder. The two pamphlet patterns are from Hope SPinnery. They are a completely wind powered mill in Maine. Great yarns, and AWSOME packaging on their kits (they were in glass jars). I decided to go for these two patterns (circus tent hat and cathedral hat). I have JUST ventured into multi-colored patterns, so I am excited to try these out. The lace weight was a last minute steal. It is form silver moon farms. $25, 1100 yards. That's why lace weight rocks. I really want a branching out, so that is what I am thinking. The other yarn is a DK from the knit-picker. The colors are fun and it will knit up socks wicked quick. Oh, that wooden thing. . yeah I really want to try drop spindle. That is a Turkish spindle. I am pretty psyched about it. Hoping to have some handspun by the spring.

Will post more pics later about all of the fun, it really was a great weekend. Can't wait to see everyone elses booty.

OH, and I did come home with some cash, so I didn't spend everything (though I used the plastic for books)

OH, almost forgot. I got two books that I already owned signed. I met the Yarn Harlot AND Lynn from new knitted scarves, who said I can email her if I am having trouble with drifting pleats. How many people offer that!!!!!!

2 comments:

Northeast Yarn Ho said...

Very cool haul! I saw a few people demoing the Turkish spindles, and they looked pretty neat. I have a regular top-whorl drop spindle that I got at a smaller, local place, and I love it. Can't wait to see your spinning progress.

It was cool to meet you and I'm sure I'll see you around Ravelry! :)

Anonymous said...

You bought good stuff! I can't wait to see how your scarf comes out.