Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Counting down. . . .

Halloween is coming.!!!!!

And so is RHINEBECK!!!!!!!!!!!. I feel like a total dork that all I want to do is go o a fair devoted to yarn. Bonuses to being up north, i get to go with Becca . We even get to go up on Saturday to go to the Ravelry party. I am PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend I went out to Salem, MA. It was great. Got to visit a new LYS for me calledA Seed Stitch. What a WONDERFUL shop. Great yarns, from the workhorses of cascade to the very fancy cashmere's. Really nice. beautifully lit, lots of space, and EXTREMELY helpful. In my opinion, any shop that will get on the computer for you to check out a ravelry pattern, they win in my book. I did get some yarn for a Christmas gift. The ONLY gift I am buying yarn for If you want to see it in process you will have to go to Ravelry, sorry guys, the soon to be owner of this gift does read the blog from time to time. I went with two types of yarn, but they are the same Gauge. Color was far more important than actual gauge, and I erally likes the texture of the lighter pink. It will be a GREAT project, can't wait to cast it on.

I will post pics of the neck warmer tonight. I do have some of the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk left over, and I am thinking of maybe whipping up some writst warmers, but they will have to be short, I have very little yarn left. This yarn is great to work with, split a bit, but still great.

Work is still good, I am very pleased with my new position, and it is great. I like not doing the sales, I really enjoy working with the members more, and I feel that my day is a bit more structured. It is very cool. The hours are a tad longer. 9:30-6:30. I find it a bit frustrating how "relaxed'" other people in the office are about their hours, they show up after 10. Now I get that one of them has a long commute, he works on the train, okay. . valid. but the others???? Guess I was just brought into the work force on a much stronger work ethic. Oh well, I get to listen to my music for a bit longer. Cool for me.

Well, lots of pics from Rhinebeck to come, I promise. I can't wait. !!!!!!!!!

No comments: